Customer Privacy Notice – Tara & Co Property Ltd
Why should you read this document?
During the course of dealing with us, we will ask you to provide us with detailed personal information relating to your identifying details. (Your Personal Data). This document is important as it allows us to explain to you what we will need to do with Your Personal Data, and the various rights you have in relation to Your Personal Data.
What do we mean by “Your Personal Data”?
Your Personal Data means any information that describes or relates to your personal circumstances. Your Personal Data may identify you directly, for example your name, address, date of birth, National Insurance number. Your Personal Data may also identify you indirectly, for example, your employment situation or any other information that could be associated with your cultural or social identity.
What information do we collect about you?
Typically, Tara & Co will collect the following:
- Title, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, contact details, addresses and documents that are necessary to verify your identity, telephone numbers and email address.
- Employment and remuneration information, (including salary/bonus schemes/overtime/sick pay/other benefits), employment history
- Information provided for purposes of an application or reservation online. For example we collect data from subjects filling out our reservation process.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
The basis upon which our company will deal with Your Personal Data
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
- Assessing applications for and providing Tara & Co products & services
- Conducting business, developing relationships with Tara & Co Property Ltd
- Processing payments / transactions including: Accounting, Authorisation, Billing, Reconciliation, collection, complaints, enquiries, credit checka dn related dispute resolution activities.
- Providing, administering and communicating with you about Tara & Co products & services
- Operating, monitoring and improving our products, services, websites, and other digital and business assets.
- Functionality of the website
Lawful basis of processing:
Tara & Co process your information under the following:
- Performance of a contract where you enter into a contract with Tara & Co, and we need to process your information as part of this contract
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Tara & Co as part of its legitimate interests which include: Fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, updating customer details, lettings and other core products and services provided by Tara & Co as the data controller
- Consent: Where we process information under consent we will seek you clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data.
How do we collect Your Personal Data?
We will collect and record Your Personal Data from a variety of sources, but mainly directly from you. You will usually provide information via a third party property website, or directly via our online portal or website. You may provide this information when visiting our office. You will provide information to us verbally and in writing, including email.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We do nor sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, unless indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
- Landlords and landlord associates and sub processors (for tenants)
- Vetter affiliates and partners/contractors/Insurance companies & utility providers for business facilitation to prove required services such as insurance cover etc,
- Formally contracted service providers to perform services on our behalf:
Hosting Datacentres, Cloud Services
- Helpdesk, Call Centres etc
We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf and authorise them to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with their legal requirements. (e.g Gas Safety engineers)
- Other Law firms
- Credit agencies, Land Registry, HMRC and other regulatory bodies
- In addition, we may share information about you if required legally to prevent harm or financial / reputational loss, or for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
- Perspective employers or other letting agents, requesting references via your written consent.
Transfers of Information Outside the European Economic Area
Tara & Co may transfer personal information collected about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the inforamtion was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer ouur information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice or as other disclosed to you at the time the data is collected.
We currently engage a company called TBS who are based in India. We have ensured that TBS meet the required privacy and security requirements through our contract with TBS.
You can find out more about TBS here: http://www.lettingsoutsourcing.co.uk/
Your use of our Digital Channels, products or services may result in the transfer of personal information provided by you across national boundaries. By visiting our Digital Channels and communicating within Tara & Co Electronically, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside the European Economic Area.
Personal information of others
Security and retention of Your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep Your Personal Data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard Your Personal Data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is being sent to us.
Your Personal Data will be retained by us either electronically or in paper format for a minimum of six years, or in instances whereby we have legitimate interest to do so, we can retain records for longer.
Your rights in relation to Your Personal Data
You may have the right to:
- request copies of Your Personal Data that is under our control
- ask us to further explain how we use Your Personal Data
- ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using Your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
- ask us to send an electronic copy of Your Personal Data to another organisation should you wish
- change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable us to market to you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
How to make contact with our company in relation to the use of Your Personal Data
If you have any questions or comments about this document, or wish to make contact in order to exercise any of your rights set out within it please contact:
Mr. David French on 01926 422 077
You may also write to or email us at:
21-23 Clemens Street
If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action, it in different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time.
You should also make contact with us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of Your Personal Data, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own regulatory obligations.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled Your Personal Data you may lodge a complaint with the UK’s data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Updating this privacy statement
We will update this statement from time to time so we suggest that you review this statement at regular intervals. Where we undergo substantial changes to our privacy statement we will endeavour to inform you about these changes.