students right to rent

Know the Law

UK law requires all tenants to prove they are lawfully allowed to rent a property in England. For UK residents this is usually as simple as popping into our office with your physical passport. We will have to take a copy of your passport to satisfy the right to rent requirements.

If you do not have a current UK passport then sometimes an expired passport is sufficient. If you have neither of these a copy of your driving license and birth certificate will be required.

Non UK Citizens

If you are a non-UK/EU resident we will need you to bring your passport and your visa/residency permit. Any temporary visa will need to be valid on the date the tenancy is due to start.

Failure to adhere to this requirement by your move-in date will delay your right to inhabit the property. For this reason we recommend you bring the relevant documents to our office at your earliest possible convenience after a property has been reserved.

we’re here to help you!

call us

01926 422 077

email us


News, advice and guides from the Student Homes team:

Is now a good time to buy a student rental property?

August 8, 2017 READ MORE
The Union Student Accommodation in Leamington Spa

The Union - stunning new canal-side development in Leamington Spa

August 8, 2017 READ MORE